After a year and a half of being in business, @hair_sleeve has been doing their thing. This innovative product goes on the arm of hair stylist to help them elevate their craft. “What inspired me to start my company was the day that I thought of the Hair Sleeve, and how we could help stylist take their craft to the next level. To get stylist to be more sanitary and efficient by never having to put product on their hands was my goal,” says owner (Lorenzo). Stylists all over have fell in love with this product that was developed to provide Beauticians with a solution to easily access their tools and provide a more sanitary experience for their clients. Especially, since most stylists end up putting cream or product on the back of their hand, which can be tough for those with sensitive skin, or if they have an allergic reaction. The Hair Sleeve was designed with Beauticians, Barbers, Cosmetology Students and Makeup Artists in mind. The product is comprised of a middle strap that holds two detachable product containers and a variety of hair clips. On each side of the Hair Sleeve are Hair tool pockets that can hold Combs, crochet needles, or any small hair tools. Not only is this product extremely innovative, the Hair Sleeve is 100% customizable complimenting your personality while you showcase your work. Owner (Lorenzo) has a message for the people, “The message I would like to send to people is think outside the box and be creative and really don’t pay attention to anything that’s going on in the now but look into the future.” Be sure to check out @hair_sleeve as they have something new in the works that will be coming out in the near future.
Why did you chose your company name / What does it mean to you?
- I chose my company name the Sleeve district, because it fits all of the products that we have and that we will have in the future that will be held on the arm to help stylist Elevate their craft.
What are your goals for your company for the rest of this year?
- Our goal for our company for the rest of the year is to hopefully make it to some hair shows and continue pursuing being in every hair school in the country.
What inspired you to start your company?
- What inspired me to start my company was the day that I thought of the Hair Sleeve, and how we could help stylist take their craft to the next level. To get stylist to be more sanitary and efficient by never having to put product on their hands was my goal.
Did you always want to be an entrepreneur?
- Yes, I always wanted to be an entrepreneur. But, I never really knew what direction to take until I had the Hair Sleeve vision. I just knew I always wanted to work with people.
Words of advice you would give to someone getting into your field
- Words of advice I would give somebody that wants to get in the hair industry is stay consistent, creative, and don’t ever give up and push through all the ups and downs.
What is the message you want to deliver to people?
- The message I would like to send to people is think outside the box and be creative and really don’t pay attention to anything that’s going on in the now but look into the future.
How long have you been in your craft?
- We have officially been in business for a little under a year and a half
Any upcoming events or releases we can include?
- We have something that I feel is really big in the works. I feel like will change the game all over again with this one. Can’t really get into details but just be expecting something that every stylist will love all over.